Saturday, January 31, 2015

Review: Dead Man Walker by Duffy Brown


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Berkley

Release Date:
February 2015






When local lawyer Walker Boone gets a call for help from his housekeeper, Mercedes, he runs to her aid. He is more than a little shocked to discover one of her clients dead in his bathtub. Mercedes needs a lawyer and she chooses Walker. However, it’s not so cut and dried for Walker. The victim happens to be a man he hates. Suddenly, the tables are turned and he is the number one suspect in the murder.

With some help from consignment shop owner, Reagan Summerside, Walker is intent on finding out who really is responsible for the murder.

Dead Man Walker is a novella in the Consignment Shop Mystery series. It’s #4 and really whets your appetite for book #5, Demise in Denim. However, it’s not a long wait as it will be released in April. If you plan to read book #5, you definitely need to read this novella. It picks up right where the novella leaves off and gives you some background to the storyline.

The novella is told in the first person from Walker’s point of view. That surprised me when I started reading as the Consignment Shop Mystery series is written in first person and told in Reagan’s point of view. So, this is a unique change and it works very well. I wasn’t sure it would, but it did. There is much more of Walker in the novella…it’s his story and his storyline for the next book. Reagan didn’t have much to do in Dead Man Walker, but I suspect that will change tremendously in Demise in Denim.

Although Walker is the lawyer who represented Reagan’s ex in their divorce, there are many sparks of romance flying between these two. I expect Reagan will be right there defending him.

With each book, the characters become more and more fleshed out. This is an enjoyable series that keeps getting better all the time.




For reading challenges:
NetGalley and Edelweiss Reading Challenge 2015

FTC Disclosure: NetGalley and the author provided me with a copy of this book to review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.



2 comments:

  1. I do like a series that gets better with time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read this series though I do have the first one. I like the sound of this one and that it's a different POV from the usual series. That's a great way to freshen up a series!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.