Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Teaser Tuesdays/First Chapter Tuesdays - March 17th


Every Tuesday Diane at Bibliophile By the Sea hosts First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where we share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book we are reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?



If you'd like to play along on Teaser Tuesdays, just click the button above.


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

* Grab your current read
* Open to a random page
* Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
* BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
* Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


This week I'm reading...





First chapter...

Amelia smiled as she wrote "Case Closed" on a manila folder. She felt pleased as she put it in her file cabinet. It had been a difficult case and she was happy it was over. She glanced at her watch. It was almost time for her ten o'clock appointment.

Pauline Jones had called yesterday and was quite distraught. She needed help in finding her boyfriend, Sam Whitaker. He had disappeared without a word. But that was not all. He had also been accused of theft.


Teaser...

"Do you think his life is in danger?"




So, what do you think? Would you continue reading?

12 comments:

  1. I would keep on reading - It definitely sounds like a case she should take. :)

    My Tease

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. Is he really a thief or is he being accused of something he didn't do? I would keep reading. I want to know what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely curious....and I am intrigued by the book's title. Thanks for sharing....and here's mine: “GOLDBERG VARIATIONS”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no, it sounds like a plot line that only thickness as you move along the pages! I'm curious to know how everything resolves too; great post!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am now very curious to know more. Here is My teaser. Also new followere here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an opening, I'd like to carry on reading. Here is my Tuesday post https://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/03/17/tuesday-first-chapter-first-paragraph-march-17/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure based on the intro, but I hope you enjoy(ed) it. Mine: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Sam the one in danger? I'm so intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm guessing from the comments that this is a series? Argh. I've read a LOT in the past year but sometimes I still feel so out of the loop! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The plot thickens. I'd keep reading for sure. I'm curious how the title ties into the story.

    My TT - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/03/17/teaser-tuesdays-106-confess-by-colleen-hoover/

    ReplyDelete
  11. curious Wendy, even though I am not sure this is a me book.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.