Sunday, March 20, 2016

Review: Changing Light by Rebecca Stevenson


Genre:
Romance, Women’s Fiction

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Rebecca Stevenson

Release Date:
October 2015







When Faith Parker’s father is transferred from her hometown in Dallas, Texas to Wentworth Cove, Maine, she decides to relocate with her family. She leaves her boyfriend behind with an agreement to see other people, if they choose. Faith finds a new job as a kindergarten teacher and starts her new life.

It’s not quite as easy for her younger brother, Daniel. He’s only eleven and finds it harder to make new friends, especially since it’s summer and school hasn’t begun yet. When a neighbor hears that Daniel likes photography, she tries to team him up with a local photographer, Josh Whitehall. The last thing Josh wants to do is mentor a kid, but when he meets Daniel’s sister, Faith, mentoring takes on a whole new meaning.

Josh and Faith grow closer each day. Then, they are hit with something that rocks their world and especially hits Josh in an unexpected way.

Although this is the second book in the series, it can be read as a standalone book. There is some mention of previous characters, but it doesn’t interfere with the telling of this story. This is a heartwarming, poignant story that hits all emotional chords. It’s a sweet romance with realistic characters in realistic situations. No sex or violence, just a “feel good” type of story.

“Changing Light” left me wishing I lived in a small town like Wentworth Cove and that I knew people like the Parker family. It’s a beautifully written novel that leaves you wanting another visit to this lovely town very soon.



For reading challenges:
Women’s Fiction Reading Challenge 2016
Alphabet Soup Reading Challenge 2016
Blogger Shame Reading Challenge 2016

FTC Disclosure: The author provided me with a copy of this book for an honest review. This did not influence my thoughts and opinions in any way. All opinions expressed are my own.

4 comments:

  1. Great review! Sounds like a very good book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy spring, Yvonne! I am glad you enjoyed reading this sweet romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for reading and reviewing Changing Light, Yvonne, and I'm really happy that you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.