Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Review: Tricky Blueberry Murder by Susan Gillard


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
E-Book

Publisher:
Guardian Publishing Group

Release Date:
April 5, 2016







Synopsis from Goodreads:

While visiting her grandmother's friend at Hillside Manor, Heather learns that one of the nursing home's employees, aide Betty Shivers, was found dead outside the back door earlier that morning apparently as she was arriving for her shift.

Could the killer have been one of the other aides, who had recently--and very publicly--threatened to kill Betty? Could it have been Betty's ex-boyfriend, who had told her that their relationship wasn't really over? Only time and a little poking around will tell.

Join Heather and Ryan as they sift through the possibilities and crank out some delicious baked goods along the way.

My Review

This is a mystery series that combines its mystery with a little romance. It’s just the right amount of both. Each mystery is self-contained and doesn’t leave you with a cliffhanger. The romance aspect between Heather and her copy boyfriend develops throughout the series. We learn a bit more with this book.

I always look forward to paying another visit to Heather Janke and her gourmet donut shop in Texas. What a fun series! It has well-developed characters with an intricate mystery. I don’t want to give away any spoilers but the author does deal with some heavy subjects in a short novel, but she manages to still keep the story light-hearted. Very enjoyable read. I look forward to the next one.






Disclosure: I bought this one as a freebie for my Kindle. All opinions expressed are my own.



4 comments:

  1. I like that there isn't any cliffhangers. I was going to read this series until I saw how many books there are in it. Then I checked and saw that they are all short reads, so now I'm thinking about it again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun and I love the lack of cliffhanger!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.