Saturday, February 4, 2017

Review: Grave Heritage by Blanche Day Manos, narrated by Michelle Babb


Genre:
Cozy Mystery

Format:
Audio

Publisher:
Pen-L Publishing

Release Date:
January 3, 2017







Synopsis from Goodreads:

Summer storms can bring unwelcome surprises.

During the rainiest July on record for the people of Ventris County in Oklahoma, in the midst of a violent thunderstorm, a stranger is murdered. When a friend becomes the second person to die under suspicious circumstances, local sleuth Darcy Campbell is drawn into the investigation. Evidence points toward someone she cares about, but has loyalty blinded her to the truth? Danger is closer to Darcy and her mother, Flora, than either of them suspect. And if the human threat is not enough, Lee Creek and the Ventris River flood, bringing Mother Nature into the fray.

My Review

Another captivating tale in the Darcy & Flora Mystery Series. I listened to this one on audio. It makes for such a nice easy listening experience. I’ve enjoyed all the books in this series that I listened to. Michelle Babb always does a great job of keeping her characters alive, while Blanche Day Manos does an equally great job of keeping readers on their toes.

Darcy and Flora are a delightful mother/daughter amateur sleuth team. I love Darcy’s determination to solve a crime, regardless of the sheriff’s annoyance. The sheriff happens to be her love interest as well. It makes for an interesting side storyline.

I’m hoping there will be more books in this series. They are quite enjoyable.




FTC Disclosure: I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Review Copy of this audiobook. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are my own.

3 comments:

  1. Not heard of this series but sounds like it's a good one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this series but I love the covers. They sound like a fun detective team and this sounds like a series I'd really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and visiting my blog! I always love reading comments and getting to know my readers!

After some careful consideration, I've decided to become an award-free blog. Although I appreciate and am honored by each and every award I've received, your comments and friendship are enough award for me. Thank you all so much for your thoughtfulness.

Due to way too many spam comments, I disabled the Anonymous User comments. We'll see if this works, otherwise I'll have to go back to word verification.